What annoys you about Theme Hospital?
I’ve just been playing some Theme Hospital. Obviously just for research purposes, not for fun 😉 Here are a couple of things which annoyed me about it:
- For some reason I don’t understand, you can’t put a window or door at the end of a room. This is so annoying!
- The minimum size of a toilet is too big. Sometimes you just want a few small ones about rather than big ones.
- Some objects can’t be rotated. Grr!
- You can’t tell a member of staff “Stay in your room for a while. Stop trying to go to the staff room!”. This would help a lot during emergences.
- Lack of staff zoning. Really need this!
- Handymen seem particularly stupid.
- You cannot add external windows, despite them being the only sort of window which really makes sense.
- Staff seem to want a pay rise for absolutely no reason sometimes.
- I don’t always think advisor is so helpful. Why don’t patients like my hospital? How comes I’m always half way to winning? How the heck can somebody be stuck in my hospital?
- When in slow mode, the flashing blue lights on top of the person indicating they are emergency patients flash slower (when looking at them in a queue of a room). It’s very annoying as you can’t tell who are the emergency patients.
- It is annoying when you make an (e.g.) X-Ray room of minimum size and are trying to squeeze everything in there. I wish there was a sort of ‘standard layouts’ button. So you make the outline, place the door and then just click “Standard layout” and it makes one.
- Why can I only put litter bins inside rooms? I want them in the corridors!
- Why can’t a train consultants to learn a skill? It is so annoying to train a doctor to get a skill and then they become a consultant just before gaining the skill, so they can’t train anymore.
- The levels don’t have enough variety. I think you often get too much space, too.
- When you drop a doctor on the room, he’ll often just leave immediately to go to another room. On the other hand, a consultant goes to a room and then stays there for ages and gets unhappy. Can’t I tell them to go to the staff room when idle or something?
Can anyone add their own pet hates to this list?
(For your information: We can’t really fix 3 without having new graphics.)